Is buying fabric a craft?
If so, I’ve accomplished plenty this weekend! Yesterday I stopped at Earthly Goods to get some inspiration for a quilt I’m going to make for our cat (more like a mat, as in ‘the cat sat on the mat instead of on the couch’). I scoured their 30% off bin and got a few remnants that are Amy Butler or matched Amy Butler🙂 . J found some flannel with rubber ducks on it that she insisted she had to have. It was soft. What can I say. I think I just enabled my daughter to start her own fabric stash lol.
Tonight I hit the jackpot on craft sites… It just seemed like an unending series of interesting links… tutorials, giveaways, ideas…
I somehow started here (note the very cool arrow on the back of the quilt!) and ended up with a new to-do list of crafts lol. So far, the list is as follows:
- purse thingy
- Scrabble tile pendants
- a charming handbag and a little girls patchwork skirt
- nautical banners for my boy’s beach bedroom (I’ve got a bazillion eyelets that are for fabric so this will be a great way to use them up!)
- um, pretty much anything on this site looks really cool
- and that site led me to a quilt along… with awesome prizes being given away… crazy!
- … and that led me to look for fabric online lol. I didn’t get *exactly* what I wanted, but something from Heather Ross nonetheless.
So, ya, a very productive weekend in a very non-productive way. Oh, except I did manage to cut out the fabric pieces I had previously pinned for J’s little jacket I’m making out of an old Ottobre magazine. It is very pink. I’m making the pants to go with it. J has requested I make matching outfits for one of her babies and her stuffie chickie. That could be interesting. I’m not sure if I’m *that* good of a mom lol.